WNJCR TURNS 3
Thats right folks. This year we turned 3. We haven't been able to really celebrate it like we did last year but thats ok as we have been planning a lot of stuff!
WNJCR is going in to "Phase 2" (how MCU of us ryte). This isn't going to affect us releasing more amazing music and getting it to your loving ears but we believe that there are 3 pillars of the internet.
- Personality (we are a little cheeky and thats ok)
- Collaboration (we are always looking for new ways to collab with artists of all mediums and of course you beautiful people too like our annual survey we do each year spoiler this years is at the bottom of this post.
- Honesty (probably the most important as if you are not transparent the other 2 fall apart even more hence why we are making this post)
So what does Phase 2 mean. Well previously (and we know this may shock some of you) we have never really had some fundamental rules that structured the core of the label. Each project we have experimented with many different things and had a lot of successes and also a lot of failures. So we learned from these mistakes and accomplishments and decided to give ourselves 4 ground rules that will shape the next stage of the label (hopefully for the better)
The 1st rule is: You Have Time. Use It!
- We have always had an issue with time restraints we only put on ourselves. We set the goal and have sometimes been so dedicated to making sure we hit that goal that other parts of project fall a little short so we are promising to focus on making sure we give ourselves more time to make sure you get the best from us.
The 2nd rule is: Singles vs. Collections!
- This is always a tricky one. Judging the industry in its current state, predicting its future and making sure we are putting out the right kind of project at the right time. Every label & independent artist suffers from this. So expect a lot more content in smaller doses as well as those all important collections of music that is still a vital cornerstone of the industry we love.
The 3rd rule is: You Can Use A Team!
- You may not know this but a lot of the projects that come out are produced, engineered, mixed, mastered etc by our overlord Jake Aspey. He does so much for this label and dedicates so much time and effort in to the projects and we think he does a great job when he is so involved but doing all that and running a label as well as an outside life is a hell of a lot. So this is us promising you that you will start seeing further collaborations with more producers, engineers, artists, musicians and everything else. As we said collaboration is one of the pillars of the internet and we do a pretty good job at that already but we can always do better. And who knows you could be working with us on a future project! How exciting is the thought of that!!!
And the 4th and by far not the least important rule is: Complete The Launch!
- We love getting the music out to you all! But we think we can do it so much better! We are dedicating more time focusing on the other aspects that come along with releasing music and developing artists. What does that mean? More music videos, more shows, more live streams, more competitions, more releases etc. Making sure we have all the aspects of a launch done and confirmed before we put it out means you guys get better stuff. Seems like a win win to us.
A way of helping us achieve these 4 rules is also understanding you guys a little better in the respects of what you want from us. So we have the brand new WNJCR ANNUAL SUREVY! Its an anonymous survey about the label and what kind of things you would like to see from us and what you already enjoy about us. The link is HERE and if you have a spare 5 mins to fill it out it would mean the world to us!
We hope that you guys look forward to seeing what we can do next and as excited as we are for the next step in this adventure!